My Thanks -

I have to thank a couple of people for getting me started on this. First, my darling wife, for giving me the confidence to send my writing to our local paper.
Then to our friend Megan, who kept bugging me to show my 'voice' to others.
Finally, to editor & publisher, Darryl Mills, for letting me take up space in his paper. I don't think he knew what he was getting into.
It's all their fault...

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Lost Time

www.zimbio.com 

I seem to have lost some time. Actually, quite a bit of time. Almost a week, it appears.

For all three people that read this blog, you may have noticed that it wasn't in the usual place last week. I only realized that after I received a very nice email from an esteemed reader saying that he hoped I had a very nice holiday and was looking forward the next article - soon.

I was puzzled by this email at first, because I was sure that I put my last piece into the latest edition of the blog. I went through my file and sure enough, there it was. Then I looked at the date on the article and checked it against my phone.

Oops.

I'm not really sure where the time went or for that matter, where I was during the previous five or six days. I know I was around here somewhere because I had gas and grocery receipts in my wallet and there were dishes in the sink. Wait, the dishes don't count - those are from my child who still can't seem to find the dishwasher located next to the sink…

Anyway, I'm not too worried about this. It has happened before, once or twice. And no, I'm not talking about my university days. I actually know - or at least understand - where those days went and we are NOT getting to those stories at the moment.

orum.canucks.com

I remember a time when I lost at least a whole day. I was heading into a local fast food restaurant and was eager to take advantage of their Tuesday Special. I finally got to the front of the line and said "I'll take the Tuesday Special, please!"

The lady behind the counter said, "I'm sorry, we don't have that today."

Looking let down, I asked "Why?"

Looking at least as let down as I was, she replied "It's Wednesday…"

The genuine look of confusion on my face must have been a good one because the lady turned back to the kitchen and shouted out to her manager "Hey, this guy has lost a day. Can we give him the Tuesday Special today?"

"He's lost a day?!? Really? Sure, let him have it!"

So you can understand why I'm not too worried about this latest incident. Admittedly, I've never really lost track of an entire week before, even when I've been on vacation. My clients haven't called looking for me and I haven't had a visit from the local constabulary so that proves I couldn't have gone far or gotten into too much trouble. And besides, my darling wife would have mentioned something. I think. She may have enjoyed the break.

In any case, it's time to get back on track and get in the swing of things again. If everything goes well, I'll remember this past week in its entirety and be looking forward to the upcoming week.

And I think I'll make time to visit a few of the restaurants around town tomorrow…

www.unhealthyearth.com

No comments:

Post a Comment